Zeus is internet famous. He has 99k followers on Instagram.

Our Zeus isn’t the god of thunder, but his bark is loud like thunder. Zeus is our loved family pet. He is very loyal, loving and protective. Zeus can do tricks like sit, spin, and lay down. He likes to eat cheese and bones for a treat and enjoys big walks and going to the dog park. But that isn’t why he is famous.

When we started Zeus Instagram account 2 years ago, we didn’t think he would get so many followers, but people from all around the world follow him and send him gifts like dog socks, bandana’s, phone cases, and soft blankets with his picture on it. People ask us for advice about their own dogs, especially German Shepherds, Despite being a big dog that weighs around 70 kilograms, he is very cuddly and gentle.

Zeus was born in June 2016, his parents are show dogs and win a lot of competitions, we choose not to put Zeus in shows as we wanted him as a house pet which suits our family. Zeus has a unique right ear, it’s quite floppy which suits his character. Zeus is protective, but when we first got him, he used to use me as a chew toy and rip my pyjamas into a big hole. As we grew older and bonded more, he stopped using me for a chew toy!

Zeus is scared of the vacuum, for some random reason he doesn’t like the sound of it, so mum tends to do it when he is outside relaxing or playing. Oddly, he likes to sleep in the bathtub, which he has done since being a puppy, but he doesn’t like dog washes! It takes 3 people to get him in the tub, two to wash him and one to dry him, but we try not to do it too often, as it can stress him out which is not good for Zeus.

What does Zeus mean to me? Zeus is a dog that I can talk to, and I can say anything to, and even though he won’t understand, he always listens. He’s our loving dog.

His Instagram account is zeus.gshepherd if you would like to look him up, there are photographs and clips of him.

-Jason

1 thought on “A Famous Life

1. First of all, awesome name for a dog, and second of all, this story makes me happy – Ethan.k